One of the ways to transfer your data to Sendsay is to upload your contacts from a CSV, XLS, XLSX, TXT or ZIP file. You can also upload any extra information you have about your subscribers (name, sex, age, city, etc.).
Create a list. Your import file must include a column for email address, and can provide only one email for each subscriber. To import dates, use this format YYYYMMDD.
- Navigate to the Subscribers page and choose a file you want to import.
You can create a new list or upload subscribers to an already existing list. Click blue button Create a new list and enter a name for this list. The list is created empty. Next, follow these steps:
- Choose a file to import, hold the mouse pointer over blue button Import from file and then click the second button Import from file. Select the file and click Proceed.
- File can contain columns for a basic information that includes subscribers email address, first name, and last name, etc. Each column in the file should correspond to a field in your list.
More: Contacts menu
In the Field Matching section, make sure that the field name in the drop-down matches the field that you are importing. As an example, the system shows information for the first email in the list.
firstname.lastname@example.org |Your name |System form |Email
- The Column that contains emails always corresponds to the System Form, field Email
- Click Ignore column to omit any fields from this import
- To create a new field in your form, choose New Filed and name it accordingly
Additional import guidelines
- Encoding: select the encoding of your content if the system failed to correctly define your file encoding.
- Separator: if the system failed to correctly define the separator and shows all the columns as one, select the right one.
- Header Row: disables display of your column names in the file.
- Already existing subscriber: by default, information about already existing customer will be updated.
Options: ignore identical contacts (the system will skip them) or report an error (they will be listed as errors ).
- Subscriber should opt-in: if you check this box, subscribers will be added “inactive” so you could send them confirmation email later on. By default, this box isn't checked.
- Apply for Data Change event. Check this box if you want the current import to trigger an event..
After all the settings are set, click Start import.
Checking the import
The import process will be shown on the current tab in real time and th Task log
After the import is done a report will be sent to the administrative email.